Position : Sr. Documentum consultant
To obtain the services of one
(1) Consultant to assist Los Angeles County (County) Internal Services Department (ISD) Customer Application Branch (CAB) to support the Department of Human Resources' (DHR) projects within the Shared Documentum infrastructure. The Consultant shall serve as the dedicated resource and support the current DHR eAppeals application, as well as three (3) other pending DHR applications, including applications on equity investigation, non-equity investigation, and mediation. The Consultant shall provide support by
1) providing recommendations to the applications' design and architecture,
2) working with DHR's solution provider on application issues, such as performance, production application support, application programming and/or enhancements, data migration, and environment provisioning.
DHR went live with its eAppeals system, which allowed candidates to file an electronic appeal, in July 2016. CAB's Enterprise Content Management (ECM) group provides not only infrastructure support, but also application support, for this system in addition to resource-intensive activities such as data migration and other application issues, which required regular manual intervention and resolution from the support staff. As the shared resources support 15 different applications on the Shared Documentum infrastructure, the demands of DHR for eAppeals support are not always met on DHR's expected timeframes. DHR will also onboard soon the equity-based investigation, non-equity based investigation and mediation and a dedicated Consultant is needed to support all these systems.
The work to be performed by the Consultant, shall include all of the following:
1. Support DHR's four (4) applications: eAppeals, equity-based investigation, non-equity based investigation and mediation.
a. Install, configure, upgrade, and patch the Documentum Content Servers, xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP)/ D2 application servers, xPlore servers, Content Transformation Servers (CTS) and other Documentum software following established standards.
b. Analyze, troubleshoot, solve server and/or application issues, prepare and implement changes via the established Change Management process, and provide incident reports when requested by County management.
2. Provide technical assistance, recommendations and/or solutions to the vendors working on development of the four (4) DHR applications mentioned above.
3. Work with software vendors' technical support and customers to resolve issues.
4. Provide weekly status reports to County's Project Manager for assigned duties and projects. Submit a one (1) or two (2) page Weekly Status Report stating the progress of the technical services assigned by the County's Project Manager or designee. The report shall include all of the following:
· Time period covered by the report.
· Overview of the reporting period.
· Duties and other work scheduled for the reporting period, which were not completed.
· Duties and other work scheduled for the reporting period, which were completed.
· Duties and other work completed in the reporting period, which were not scheduled.
· Duties and other work to be completed in the next reporting period.
· List issue(s) resolved and/or issue(s) to be resolved.
· Summary of project status as of reporting date.
5. Develop technical documentation for the four (4) DHR applications mentioned above.
6. Transfer systems' support knowledge to ISD staff.
D. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Three (3) years of experience within last five (5) years working as a senior developer conducting solution designs.
2. Two (2) year of experience within the last three (3) years developing applications using all of the following:
a. EMC xCP 2.x.
b. EMC D2 4.x.
c. REST services.
3. Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years working as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and maintaining Documentum software in a Linux environment.
4. Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and maintaining EMC D2 software, and EMC xCP 2.x software, including Content Server (CS), xPlore Server, Content Transformation
|Salary||0 to 0|
|Years of Experience ||5+ to 10 years|
|Minimum Education ||-|
|Willingness to Travel||-|
|Hours per week||0|