SAS is seeking a full time Senior SAS GRID/Platform Administrator to work with our client, an Energy client in Austin, TX. The consultant will ensure and manage a Production and Non-Production multi-tiered, multi-node SAS GRID environments. This candidate should have experience administering SAS platform and GRID environments. This person will need to have an in-depth knowledge of SAS and GRID administration, installation, configuration, monitoring, performance optimization and problem resolution. This person will be working alongside existing a SAS Administrator to provide assistance, best practices and resolve problems as well as day-to-day admin tasks.
This position will ensure that the SAS servers, as well as applicable security infrastructure and its systems and processes, are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives. The Administrator will assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of various SAS products while troubleshooting system related problems and be responsible for the overall availability of the SAS environment. Other responsibilities include maintaining the SAS software roadmap, presenting technical briefings to the support staff, developers and the management team.
The ideal Administrator must possess the ability to interface with all aspects of an IT infrastructure especially as it pertains to setting best practices, making recommendations and working with SAS to make it fit with existing IT rules. The SAS Administrator who will be responsible for implementation, installation, architecture design and administration.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree and equivalent work experience required.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a SAS system administrator in a Linux environment.
1-3 years of experience administering SAS GRID.
QUALIFICATIONS - ESSENTIAL
• Experience administering SAS platform in a multi-node GRID environment with Linux OS.
• Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9.x suite in a Linux environment performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning and capacity planning.
• Administer, Maintain and tune the SAS GRID Environment. Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics and performance tuning recommendations.
• Must have experience with SAS Environment Manager and Platform RTM.
• Experience with Security and Authentication and SSO topics (related to the access of source data, the access of data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS’ integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/Centrify/Kerberos/Siteminder ).
Experience using SAS Management Console (SMC). o Creating Users. Groups and Roles.
Creating and securing folders.
Experience monitoring Logs from within SMC.
Experience defining Servers and changing server definitions.
Experience creating SAS, RDBMS libraries.
• Server Skills. o Understanding server security and folders and how they relate to SAS folders and security.
Knowledge of SAS configuration files such as autoexec, configuration and environment files.
Starting and stopping servers.
Backup strategies and implementation.
• Security and Authentication (related to the access of source data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/) across multiple SAS products. o SAS/Access products and configuring to connect RDBMS servers.
SAS/BASE, IML, STAT, ETS.
SAS Visual Analytics/HPA Server.
• Experience monitoring grid and make sure that nodes are balanced with SAS generated code running efficiently across grid
• Working knowledge of LSF as it pertains to the SAS grid.
• Ability to install hot fixes, service packs, upgrades as well as add-on software components.
• Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments.
• Administer, Maintain and tune the SAS GRID Manager/SAS Platform.
• Provides SAS Platform capacity planning, metrics and performance tuning recommendations.
• Executes actions necessary to achieve and maintain optimum SAS platform performance, reliability and availability.
• Acts as a SAS subject matter expert and liaison to SAS users and IT.
• Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environments.
• Collaborates with storage, server, LDAP, database and other IT administrators to support ongoing operations for meeting the business needs via the SAS environment.
• Identifies bottlenecks in production systems and provide solutions.
• Manage metadata identities, users, groups, and roles.
• Ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Salary||0 to 0|
|Years of Experience ||5+ to 10 years|
|Minimum Education ||-|
|Willingness to Travel||-|
|Hours per week||0|