Major Responsibilities include
• Responsible for creating and maintaining Kafka infrastructure based on the needs of the application dev teams.
• Plan/Work closely with GAP Shared Services Infrastructure team on Cloud and On-prem architecture with different implementation patterns, including possible Mirroring & HA/DR
• Infrastructure monitoring
• Security implementation using SSL/TLS
• Integration and Knowledge of HDP components with the Kafka Infrastructure like Ranger, Ambari, Solr, etc.
• Knowledge of Hortonworks & Zookeeper with Kafka
• Multi-threading & capacity planning
• Documentation of any recommendations
• Mentoring/Pairing/Presentations as required
• Automation of the embedded tasks
• Tuning & Performance
Minimum Qualifications include
• 7+ years experience performing and providing technical support to hardware, software, and applications.
• Hands on experience with large scale Kafka implementations and solving for associated scalability, performance, tuning, monitoring etc.
• Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
• Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed
• Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
• Familiarity with messaging (e.g. MQ Series, JMS, etc.)
• Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems.
|Salary||0 to 0|
|Years of Experience ||5+ to 10 years|
|Minimum Education ||-|
|Willingness to Travel||-|
|Hours per week||0|