Platform Specific Required Skills:
· Working knowledge of the differences between N-PARs, V-Pars, Integrity VMs
· Experience building and administering Ingerity VMs
· Experience setting up systems with SAN storage utilizing NPIV
· Knowledge of HP iLO hardware management
· Knowledge of Blade Chassis Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect
· Experience working with both PA-RISC and Itanium hardware
· Experience working in the EFI shell
· Experience managing Ignite backups
· Experience updating HP-UX utilizing both central local software depots
General Required Skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to write purchase justifications, train users in complex topics, make presentations to an internal audience, and interact positively with upper management
· Independent problem-solving, self-direction
· Comfort with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, managing processes and services, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, and fundamentals of security
· Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management using modern declarative tools; ability to model and reduce complex system requirements as configuration declarations
· A solid understanding of the operating systems; understanding of paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, and filesystem concepts
· Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; ability to configure file sharing (NFS/SAMBA); ability to query DNS records; understanding of basic routing concepts
· Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (e.g., Perl, Python, Bourne Shell)
· Works well alone or on a team
· Experience with network storage solutions (SAN, NAS)
· Three to five years of system administration experience.
Desirable Background and Skills
· A degree in computer science or a related field.
· Significant programming background in any applicable language.
· Ability to do minimal debugging and modification of C, Perl, or Java programs.
· Experience configuring network file systems (e.g., NFS, RFS, AFS, CIFS, SAMBA).
· Experience configuring automounters.
· Experience configuring LDAP.
· Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols; ability to debug (tcpdump, etherpeek, netstat, lsof).
· Experience installing/configuring a Web server.
· Experience maintaining compliance with applicable laws or regulations (SOX, HIPAA, PCA, FISMA).
· Appropriate Responsibilities.
· Receives general instructions for new responsibilities from supervisor.
· Administers a complex site alone or assists in the administration of a larger site.
· Initiates some new responsibilities and helps to plan for the future of the site/network.
· Trains novice system administrators or operators.
· Evaluates and/or recommends product usage; has influence on purchasing process.
· Automated repetitive task utilizing appropriate tools.
|Salary||0 to 0|
|Years of Experience ||5+ to 10 years|
|Minimum Education ||-|
|Willingness to Travel||-|
|Hours per week||0|